Clash detection is important for contractors during the pre-construction phase. Managing collision data is a tedious and time consuming endeavor. Therefore visualizing the conflict area beforehand facilitates a smooth installation once the project is underway. Collision-free models help generate, plan, and create cost estimates. Now there are several clash coordination software applications available in the AEC market, but which software platform would you choose? Choose the one that produces accurate quantities per site and generates more off-site prefabrication, saving time and rework in the construction process. See if the conflict resolution software you choose allows for a smoother installation, shorter schedule, and an accurate cost plan for your construction project.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of the different clash coordination software applications:
– Check for interference Navisworks collision coordination tools perform interference check and manage potential problems before construction begins, minimizing delays and rework.
– Sharing data – Integration between Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue provides cloud connectivity for Navisworks users and supports shared Navisworks data and workflow with BIM 360.
– Avoiding collisions – Another way to avoid conflict is to use the BIM coordination model in AutoCAD 2016, which allows you to open Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue models within design products. Designers model the ‘in-context’ by using an integrated Navisworks model to avoid collisions.
– Potential collision mitigation – Use Navisworks Manage to reduce potential pre-build collisions, reduce delays and rework. To resolve conflicts, run collision detection tests against the specified geometry. Check laser scan data with 3D design and open collisions in design software applications. View collisions in context according to geometric model, with respect to other collisions. Make the non-collision items transparent to locate conflicts in the model. Support coordination by taking hard, double, and release tests. Additionally, explore space and time by linking collision testing with object animation and 5D simulations.
– Conflict Management – By working on Navisworks Manage you can easily manage conflicts. You can monitor and resolve the conflicts. Moreover, group conflict helps to handle multiple conflicts as one problem. You can use grid and level location to manage group and filter collisions.
– Communication with project team – Navisworks Manage helps communicate collision related issues to the project team. You can export reports with the result of a collision test, including all comments and screenshots. In addition, conflict scenarios can be shared with other users of Navisworks Manage via XML export / import for reuse in projects.
– Conflict Resolution – Use Navisworks Manage collision detection tools to support conflict identification, management and resolution. The colors of colliding objects, composite level collisions, saved viewpoint management, comment column, filtering for new modes, reporting of filtered results and user-controlled isolation settings help to resolve all conflicts.
Choose the best BIM clash coordination software application and resolve all conflicts before starting your construction project. Isolate collisions in specific sections of the model with the flexibility of ‘Clash Manager’ in Navisworks and clean up collision result data. This reduces the time it takes to manage conflicts, resulting in smooth and effective project planning.