What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is an on-demand service that has gained mass application in enterprise data centers. The cloud enables the data center to function as the Internet and data processing resources that are accessed and shared as virtual resources in a secure and scalable way.
Cloud offers three primary services that can be matched to your unique requirements in Cloud Computing:
1- SaaS: Software as a service (SaaS) is a software distribution model where a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet.
2- PaaS: Platform as a service (PaaS) is a complete cloud development and implementation environment with resources that allows you to deliver everything from simple cloud-based apps to sophisticated, cloud-enabled enterprise applications.
3- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is an instantaneous data processing infrastructure provided and managed via the Internet.
Why cloud computing beneficial for small businesses?
– Availability always – Most cloud providers are extremely reliable in providing their services and many maintain 99.99% uptime.
– Improved mobility – Data and applications are available to employees wherever they are in the world.
– Cloud computing is more cost effective – Because companies do not have to buy equipment and build and operate a data center, they do not have to spend significant money on hardware, facilities, tools and other aspects of operations.
– Expenses can be quickly reduced – In times of economic downturn or downsizing in the business (which the energy sector is currently experiencing), cloud computing offers a flexible cost structure, limiting exposure.
– Less environmental impact – With fewer data centers around the world and more efficient operations, we have less impact on the environment. Companies that use shared resources improve their ‘green’ credentials.
What is IT Infrastructure?
The term IT infrastructure is defined in ITIL v3 as a combined set of hardware, software, networks, facilities, etc. (including all information technology related equipment) used to develop, test, deliver, monitor, control or support IT services. Associated persons, processes and documentation are not part of IT infrastructure.
What makes IT management so important and popular these days is the sheer number of benefits. These services optimize your IT infrastructure to meet all your business needs.
This IT Infrastructure Building service relates to application centricity, vendor neutral approach and enterprise architecture methodologies to create and build a business oriented, strong and optimized IT environment for businesses.
Few companies offer such computer services, therefore called “Cloud Computing Providers / Companies”. They charge their users for using such services and the charges are based on their use of services. Here are some company names
– Amazon Web Service
– Microsoft Azure
– Google Cloud Platform
– IBM Cloud