This is just one example of a CV for business analysts for both freshmen and experienced job seekers in the financial domain of business analyst or systems analyst. While this is just an example CV, use it only for reference purposes, don’t copy the same client names or tasks for your own purpose. Always create your own resume with real experience.
Name: Justin Megha
Ph no: XXXXXXX
your email address here.
Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst
- Realized in business analysis, systems analysis, quality analysis and project management with extensive experience in business products, operations and information technology in the capital market space, specialized in finance such as trading, fixed income, equities, bonds, derivatives (swaps, options, etc.) and Mortgage with sound knowledge of a wide range of financial instruments.
- More than 11 years proven track record as a value-added, delivered project-based professional with practical expertise in the fields of system analysis, architectural financial applications, data warehousing, data migrations, data processing, ERP applications, SOX implementation and process compliance Projects.
- Performance in analyzing large-scale business systems, project charters, documents with business requirements, documents with company overviews, authoring narrative use cases, functional specifications and technical specifications, data warehousing, reporting and test plans.
- Expertise in creating UML based modeling views such as Activity / Use Case / Data Flow / Business Flow / Navigational Flow / Wire Frame diagrams using Rational Products & MS Visio.
- Skilled as a long time between business and technology with competence in Full Life Cycle of System (SLC) development with Waterfall, Agile, RUP methodology, IT Auditing and SOX Concepts, as well as broad cross-functional experiences using multiple frameworks.
- Worked extensively with the On-site and Offshore Quality Assurance Groups by assisting the QA team in conducting Black Box / GUI testing / Functionality / Regression / System / Unit / Stress / Performance / UATs.
- Changed change management throughout the process from project conception to testing through project delivery, software development and implementation management in a variety of business and technical environments, with proven leadership skills.
- Post Graduate Diploma (in Business Administration), USA
- Master’s Degree (in Computer applications),
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Commerce),
Documentation tools UML, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), MS Visio, Erwin
SDLC methodologies Waterfall, iterative, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Spiral, Agile
Modeling tools UML, MS Visio, Erwin, Power Designer, Metastrom Provision
Report Tools Business Objects X IR2, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite
QA tools Quality Center, Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner, QTP, Rational Requisite Pro, Bugzilla, Clear Quest
Languages Java, VB, SQL, HTML, XML, UML, ASP, JSP
Databases & OS MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g, DB2, MS Access on Windows XP / 2000, Unix
Version Check Rational Clear Case, Visual Source Safe
SERVICE MASTER, Memphis, TN June 8 – to date
Senior business analyst
Terminix has approximately 800 customer service agents living at our sites, in addition to approximately 150 agents in a centralized call center in Memphis, TN. Terminix customer service representatives receive approximately 25 million calls from customers annually. Many of these customers’ questions are not answered or their problems are not resolved in the first call. Currently, these agents use an AS / 400-based custom system called Mission to answer customer inquiries in affiliates and the Customer Communication Center. Mission – Terminix’s operating system – offers functionality for sales, field staff (routing & planning, work order management), debtors and payroll. This system has a modular design and is difficult to navigate for customer service agents who need to help the customer quickly and well-informed. The amount of effort and time required to train a customer service representative using the Mission system is high. This combined with low agent and customer loyalty is expensive.
Customer Service Console enables Customer Service Associates to deliver a consistent, enhanced service experience to customers across the organization. CSC aims to provide easy navigation, easy learning process, shorter talk time and first call solution.
- Helps to create a project plan, roadmap. Designed document for requirement planning and management.
- Run Enterprise Analysis and actively participated in the purchase of Tool licenses.
- Identified subject matter experts and drove the requirements gathering process by approving the documents that convey their needs to management, developers and quality assurance team.
- Technical project consultation carried out, initiation, collection and documentation of business and functional requirements of the customer, alternatives for solutions, functional design, testing and implementation support.
- Requirements Elicitation, analysis, communication and validation according to Six Sigma standards.
- Captured business process flows and redeveloped process to achieve maximum output.
- Captured As-Is Process, designed TO-BE Process and performed gap analysis
- Developed and updated functional use cases and performed business process modeling (PROVISION) to explain business requirements to development and QA teams.
- Prepared documents with business requirements, specification documents for functional and software requirements.
- Requirements Executed Elicitation through use cases, one-to-one meetings, affinity exercises, SIPOCs.
- Collected and documented use cases, business rules, created and maintained requirements / test traceability matrices.
Client: The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, Parsippany, NJ May ‘2007 – Oct’ 2007
Profile: Sr. Financial Business Analyst / System Analyst.
Project profile (1): D&B is the world’s leading source of commercial information and business insight. The Point of Arrival Project and the Data Maintenance (DM) Project are the future applications of the company that the company would go to, providing an effective method and efficient reporting system for D&B customers to purchase reports on companies they try to achieve business.
Project profile (2): The overall goal of this project was to build a Self Awareness System (SAS) for the business to buy SAS products and a payment system was built for SAS. The system provides a specific combination of products (reports) for self-audit reports as a basis for managing a company’s creditworthiness.
- Performed GAP analysis and documented the current state and future state, after understanding the vision of the Business Group and the Technology Group.
- Interviews with process owners, administrators and functional heads to gather audit-related information and facilitate meetings to explain the effects and effects of SOX compliance.
- Played an active and leading role in collecting, analyzing and documenting the Business Requirements, the business rules and Technical Requirements of the Business Group and the Technological Group.
- Co-authored and prepared graphical representations of narrative use cases, created UML models such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams and flow diagrams with MS Visio through the Agile methodology
- Documented the Business Requirement Document to better understand the client’s business processes of both projects using the Agile methodology.
- Facilitating JRP and JAD sessions, brain storm sessions with the Business Group and the Technology Group.
- Documented the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and performed UML modeling, such as creating activity diagrams, flow diagrams with MS Visio. Analyzed test data to detect significant findings and recommended corrective actions
- Co-Managed the Change Control process for the entire project as a whole by facilitating group meetings, one-to-one interview sessions and email correspondence with workflow owners to discuss the impact of Change Request on the project.
- Worked with the project leader in setting realistic project expectations and evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and planning and giving project related presentations accordingly.
- Co-coordinated with the offshore QA team members to explain and develop the test plans, test cases, test and evaluation strategy and methods for unit testing, functional testing and usability testing
Surroundings: Windows XP / 2000, SOX, Sharepoint, SQL, MS Visio, Oracle, MS Office Suite, Mercury ITG, Mercury Quality Center, XML, XHTML, Java, J2EE.
GATEWAY COMPUTERS, Irvine, CA, January 6 – March 7
At Gateway, a leading manufacturer of computers, laptops and accessories was involved in two projects:
Order Capture Application: The aim of this project is to develop various sales media with a centralized catalog. This project includes a broad exposure to requirements analysis, the creation, execution and maintenance of test plans and test cases. Guided and trained staff on Tech Guide & Company Standards; Gateway reporting system: developed with Business Objects in combination with Oracle data warehouse with Sales, Inventory and HR Data Marts. This DW addresses the different needs of sales personnel and management. Involved in its development, used Full Client reports and Web Intelligence to provide analytics to the Contract Administration group and price groups. Data market reporting included wholesale data, contract sales and discounts.
- Product manager for enterprise level order entry systems – telephone, B2B, Gateway.com and catalog system.
- Modeled the sales order entry process to eliminate bottlenecks in the process with ERWIN.
- Applied and practiced RUP for implementing the software development lifecycle.
- Collected requirements from various sources such as stakeholders, documentation, business goals, existing systems and subject matter experts by giving workshops, interviews, use cases, prototypes, document reading, market analysis, observations
- Created functional specification specification documents – including UML Use case diagrams, scenarios, activities, workflow diagrams, and data mapping. Process and data modeling with MS VISIO.
- Worked with the technical team to create business services (web services) that the application could use using SOA, to create system architecture and CDM for a common order platform.
- Designed payment authorization (credit card, net terms and Pay Pal) for the transaction / order entry systems.
- Implementation of A / B testing, customer feedback functionality to Gateway.com
- Collaborated with DW, ETL teams to create business entry systems Business Objects reports. (Full Client, Web I)
- Worked in a cross-functional team of Business, Architects and Developers to implement new functions.
- Program Managed Enterprise Order Entry Systems – Development and implementation schedule.
- Developed and maintained user manuals, Application Documentation Manual, on Share Point tool.
- Test plans and test strategies created to define the purpose and approach of testing.
- Quality Center used to track and report system failures and bug fixes. Written requests for changes to the bugs in the application and helped developers identify and fix the issues.
- Developed and executed manual, automated functional, GUI, regression, UAT test cases with QTP.
- Collected, documented and executed based on requirements, business process (workflow / user scenario), data driven test cases for user acceptance tests.
- Created test matrix, uses quality center for test management, tracking and reporting system failures and bug fixes.
- Load performed, stress tests and analyzed performance, response times. Designed approach, developed visual scripts to test client and server side performance under different conditions to identify bottlenecks.
- Created / developed SQL Queries (TOAD) with different parameters for Backend / DB testing
- Meetings held for project status, problem identification and parent task assessment, progress reporting.
AMC MORTGAGE SERVICES, CA, USA October 4 – December 5
The primary goal of this project is to replace the existing Internal Facing Client / Server applications with a web-enabled application system, which can be used in all business channels. This project includes a broad exposure to requirements analysis, the creation, execution and maintenance of test plans and test cases. Requirements for data warehouse and data marts understanding and testing, in-depth knowledge of ETL and reporting, improvement of the legacy system included all business requirements related to appraisals, from maintaining the appraiser’s panel to ordering, receiving and reviewing the appraisals.
- Collectively analyzed, validated and managed and documented the stated requirements. Interacted with users to verify requirements, manage the change review process, update existing documentation.
- Created specific documents for functional requirements – including UML Use case diagrams, scenarios, activity diagrams and data mapping. Provides end-user advice on functionality and business processes.
- Acted as a customer contact to assess priorities and manage the overall customer queue. Provides consultation services to customers, technicians and internal departments on basic to complex functions of the applications.
- Identified business directions and objectives that can influence the required data and application architectures.
- Determined, prioritized business requirements, Determine which business topics provide the most needed information; prioritize and track implementation projects accordingly.
- Provide relevant test scenarios for the test team. Work with the test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure test results match business expectations.
- Uses Test Director, QTP, Load Runner for test management, Functional, GUI, Performance, Stress testing
- Perform data validation, data integration, and backend / DB testing manually using SQL queries.
- Created test entry requirements and prepared test data for data-driven testing.
- Guided, trained personnel on technical guide and company standards. Setting up and coordinating onsite offshore teams, conducting knowledge transfer sessions to the offshore team.
Lloyds Bank, UK August 3 – September 4
Lloyds TSB is a leader in Business, Personal and Corporate Banking. Known as a financial services provider to millions of customers with the financial means to meet and manage their credit needs and achieve their financial goals. The project includes an information system for applicants, loan assessments and penalties for loans, legal affairs, disbursements, accounts, MIS and reporting modules of a home financing system and improvements for their online banking.
- Stakeholder requirements translated into various documentation deliveries such as functional specifications, use cases, workflow / process diagrams, data flows / data model diagrams.
- Produced functional specifications and led weekly meetings with developers and business units to discuss outstanding technical issues and deadlines.
- Coordinated project activities between customers and internal groups and information technology, including project portfolio management and project pipeline planning.
- Provided functional expertise to developers during the technical design and construction phases of the project.
- Documented and analyzed business workflows and processes. Submit the studies to the client for approval
- Participated in the development of universes – planning, design, construction, distribution and maintenance.
- Universes designed and developed by Joins, defining Cardinalities between the tables.
- UML use case, activity diagrams created for the interaction between the report analyst and the reporting systems.
- BPR successfully implemented and achieved improved performance, reduced time and costs.
- Test plans and scripts developed; client tests performed for routine to complex processes to ensure proper operation of the system.
- Worked closely with UAT testers and end users during system validation, user acceptance tests to uncover functionality / business logic issues that have been missing unit testing and system testing.
- Participated in integration, system, regression, performance and use UAT – TD, WR, Load Runner
- Participated in discussing defects with team members. Worked closely with the project manager to capture, track, prioritize and close bugs. CVS used to maintain versions between different stages of SDLC.
Client: A.G. Edwards, St. Louis, MO May ‘2005 – Feb’ 2006
Profile: Mr. Business Analyst / System Analyst
Project Profile: A.G. Edwards is a full service trading-based brokerage firm in internet-based futures, options and forex brokerage. Users (financial representative) can trade online on this site. The main features of this site were: Users can open new account online to trade stocks, bonds, derivatives and forex with trading system using DTCC’s applications as Clearing House agent. The user gets real-time streaming quotes for the currency pairs they have selected, their current position in the forex market, a summary of work orders, payments and current cash balances, P&L accounts and available trading power, all of which are continuously updated in real time via live quotes. The site also allows users to place, change and cancel an entry order, place a market order, place / change / delete / close a stop loss limit in an open position.
- Collected business requirements related to trading, equities and fixed income such as bonds, which have been converted into functional requirements by implementing the RUP methodology and written in Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Designed and developed all Narrative Use Cases and performed UML modeling such as created Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Implemented the full Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities. Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes. Establish a methodology for business analysis around the Rational Unified Process.
- Analyzed user requirements, attended change request meetings to document changes, and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Assisted in developing project timelines / results / strategies for effective project management.
- Evaluated existing practices for storing and processing key financial data for compliance.
- Involved in developing the test strategy and assisted in developed test scenarios, test conditions and test cases
- Collaborated with the technical areas in research, system solution and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Surroundings: Windows XP / 2000 / NT, SOX, MS Office Suite, SQL, MS SQL Server, XML, HTML, Java, J2EE, JSP, Oracle, WinRunner, Test Director