For Macintosh users, there is the Entourage application, developed by Microsoft, that can be used on Mac OS 8.5 or later. It is an email application that allows you to make use of several important components including emails, notes, tasks, calendar entries, contacts, etc. All the email related data is stored in an RGE file . At times, the RGE file becomes corrupt, disabling access to the data. Such cases occur due to corruption in the RGE file due to various issues such as virus infections, hardware corruption, etc. You can use Mac built-in methods to repair the Entourage database. If this does not happen, however, use a third-party Microsoft Entourage recovery software to do the necessary.
Consider a scenario where you are using MS Entourage 2008 for Mac when you receive one of the following error messages:
“The Office database is corrupt.”
The most likely cause of this incorrect situation is that the Entourage database (.RGE) file is either corrupt or corrupt.
Here are the steps you need to take to get out of this special situation:
- Confirm the Entourage database: First of all, use Database Utility to verify the corrupted RGE file.
- Rebuild the Entourage database: If corruption is reported, you must rebuild the Entourage database.
- Create a new identity: Then create a new identity for the user profile to accommodate emails and other related data.
- Create a new Microsoft User Data folder: You need to create a new Microsoft User Data folder, since all Entourage data is stored in this folder only.
- Repair disk permissions: You must repair the disk rights using the Repair Disk Permissions tool.
- Create a new user account: Finally, create a new user account and move the database to the new user account.
These steps would be able to repair the damaged RGE file. However, if you still receive the same error message, use a third-party Entourage recovery tool to repair corrupt Entourage database files. These highly interactive tools are safe to use that do not overwrite the existing database.
The only Entourage database recovery software to date is Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair, which repairs damaged Entourage database files from MS Entourage 2008 and 2004. With the ability to recover various Entourage objects, including emails, notes, tasks, contacts, calendar items, etc. , This Entourage recovery is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard and 10.4 Tiger.