The advent of mobile technology with its easy accessibility has predictably resulted in the mobile devices being used for easy access and exchange of information.
People want access to on-demand information from their mobile devices to increase the efficiency of their organizations and increase the opportunity to interact.
The computing solutions for mobility help you develop and launch scalable, secure and mobile business solutions and grow your business in entirely new ways.
The integrated mobility software helps deliver products to the market at a lower cost to achieve high performance and leverage productivity.
The following are the segments in which mobile computer services are provided:
- Location-based service: Developing Location-Based Services (LBS) for any mobile platform that ranges from storefront to staff monitoring, useful in retail or in a location tool.
- Mobile health monitoring: IT and mobile telecommunications to monitor patient health externally to help governments, care organizations (CDOs) and healthcare payers reduce costs related to chronic diseases and improve the quality of life of their patients.
- Mobile Game Testing: You can come to end-to-end testing services for mobile games and applications.
- Mobile Advertising: The voice film / image / video based mobile ads are a fast growing platform used to reach customers.
- Mobile instant messaging: The solution provides instant mobile messaging (Voice / Picture / Video) as well as merging various social networking messages such as Facebook, Twitter, internet messengers (Google, Yahoo, etc.).
- Mobile Music or Content Serving: The solution supports progressive streaming as well as real-time RTSP-based content serving.
- Global positioning systems: Mobility service providers have expertise in the design, development and implementation of GPS-based solutions for PDAs. They can easily implement the PPS or SPS based solutions that involve NMEA or Sirf Binary Protocols.
- Mobitex network: The market has providers with proven capabilities to develop the Mobitex network application, which is an OSI-based open standard, national, public access, wireless, packet switched data network. Mobitex attaches great importance to safety and reliability, which is one of the reasons it is preferred by the military, police, firefighters and ambulance services.
- IEEE 802.11b: The mobility solution helps design, develop, and deploy PDA applications using IEEE 802.11b-based networks.
- Mobile Commerce and WAP: Providers must have the experience and skill to successfully work on projects in the major mobile computing platforms such as PalmOS, Windows CE and Epoc.
- Porting of mobile applications: Porting mobile applications from one platform to several other platforms becomes important for ease of use.
- Smart Phone Applications Development: Look for providers that have capabilities to develop solutions for all smart phones (based on iPhone, Android and Blackberry platforms) as well as for j2me supported phones.
Keep reading these articles. We’re sure you’ll find them interesting. I will come back with several such articles on mobility services. Until then, keep tune!