For the Macintosh users, there is the Entourage application developed by Microsoft which can be used on Mac OS 8.5 or later versions. It is an email application that allows you to use various important components including emails, notes, tasks, calendar items, contacts, etc. All email related data is stored in an RGE file. Sometimes the RGE file gets corrupted preventing you from accessing the data. Such cases occur due to corruption of RGE file due to various issues like virus infections, hardware corruption etc. You can use Mac built-in methods to restore Entourage database. However, if that doesn’t happen then you will need to use third party Microsoft Entourage recovery software to do the necessary.
Consider a scenario where you are using MS Entourage 2008 for Mac when you receive one of the following error messages:
“The Office database is damaged.”
The most likely cause of this erroneous situation is that the Entourage database file (.RGE) is corrupted or damaged.
There are the following steps you should use to recover from this particular situation:
- Check the Entourage database: First of all, you need to use the database utility to verify the damaged RGE file.
- Rebuild the Entourage database: If corruption is reported, you must rebuild the Entourage database.
- Create a new identity: Next, you need to create a new user profile identity to receive the emails and other related data.
- Create a new folder with Microsoft user data: You must create a new folder with Microsoft user data, as all Entourage data is stored only in this folder.
- Restore disk permissions: You must restore the disk permissions with the Disk Permissions Repair utility.
- Create a new user account: Finally, you need to create a new user account and move the database to the new user account.
These steps could repair the damaged RGE file. However, if you still get the same error, then you should use a third party Entourage repair tool to repair the corrupt Entourage database file. These highly interactive tools are safe to use and do not overwrite the existing database.
The only Entourage database repair software to date is Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair, which repairs damaged Entourage database files from MS Entourage 2008 and 2004. With the ability to restore various Entourage objects, including emails, notes, tasks, contacts, calendar items, etc., Entourage recovery is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard and 10.4 Tiger.