Perhaps you have browsed the web to gather useful tips for proper search engine optimization (SEO). Like any other article, this article will provide you with some good tips for implementing proper optimization.
Before proceeding, I do recommend that you do “web content optimization”, which is preliminary, because the way the site is shown to the public plays an important role.
With the launch Google Panda (2011) and the latter penguin (2012), the implementation of SEO strategy is obviously crucial. From a holistic perspective, the goal is to penalize over-optimized websites (Ie using black hat tricks, keyword filling, content duplication and disguise) And reduce the ranking of sites with poor user experience.
Poor user experience is a broad term. You need to consider two things. First, there must be a decent web hosting service provider with 99% uptime. If your website is often offline due to server problems (this is not your fault) Then it will lose ranking and search engine positioning. The second is to ensure that you perform proper web optimization.
In addition, I want to emphasize that when we mention the word “SEO”, people immediately think of Google. wrong! My rule is-do n’t just optimize your website for Google. There are other on-demand search engines, such as ing, askwith Yahoo!
In addition, the demand for optimized / supported websites for mobile devices is also growing. It is recommended that your website is compatible with any mobile device. If you ca n’t afford an iPhone, HTC or Blackberry, you do n’t need to worry. Use free software called Mobilizer (Please note that Adobe Air is required), You will be able to preview the website on your mobile monitor directly from the desktop.
Of course, you have encountered various SEO tips, yes, they are all very good, but as time goes on, they tend to become outdated. It is quite possible that as time goes by, some of my skills will also face the same dilemma, so like you, I have to keep myself updated.
Page optimization (Related to the elements in the web page)
1) Image file name – Always provide meaningful titles for image files. If your picture depicts Ibanez guitar, Mark it as ‘ibanez-guitar.jpg’ Instead of like ‘DSC29870.jpg’. Like this you have a “Keyword rich” Friendly title, except for the meaning of the image file.
2) Use the “alt” tag – of alt = “” The label can never be empty. Provide captions for images because search engine spiders cannot interpret the content of the images, but they will interpret the captions you define in the alt tag.
3) Use the “Title” tab – Using title tags provides a better user experience because when the user moves the mouse over the image, the title is displayed as a tooltip.
4) Picture link – This may be inconvenient, but if you can do so. Whenever you link an image, try to use the image keyword in the link text. Suggestions: use “View Ibanez Guitar” instead “Click here to view” As anchor text.
5) Navigation menu – If the menu is based entirely on a hyperlinked image with the font you like, you must mark it as “Home, Service, Contact, Link, etc.” To use ‘alt’ And optional “title” label.
1) Broken (internal) link – If you have 5 sub-pages on your website, please make sure everything is linked. Having “broken” links will disrupt crawling, indexing, and tracking websites of some search engine crawlers from the initial page to their page hierarchy.
2) SEO friendly links – Having keyword-rich SEO friendly links is ideal, and both search engines and viewers can easily understand them. For example, it is best to have a link like this:
3) Anchor text – This part has been explained in the previous tips. Suggestions: use “View Ibanez Guitar” Instead “Click here to view” As anchor text.
1) main page – It ’s important to have an eye-catching title on your homepage, because it can fully reflect your website. In addition, the title will be displayed on the search engine results page (SERP), which should have the first impact on the viewer.
2) Subpage – Obviously, they do appear in the search results. If you have a product to advertise, please also note the product name as the title, followed by your company name. These headlines also serve as keywords, which helps to push your website in the search engine results page (SERP). It is important to consider from a market perspective.
1) Description – Through the meta description, you can insert 140 characters of page content. You can copy excerpts from the content of the page, but my recommendation is to best match the content with the information available on the page, because it plays a vital role in the search results, depending on the type of user query.
2) Key words – Choose keywords related to your web content. People tend to use this method (That is, keyword stuffing) Search engines like Google are punishing such sites. Also, since it is not feasible at all, please avoid repeating keywords! Here are a few factors you need to consider:
a) Research results – Before choosing keywords, please conduct proper research. You can use free tools such as Google AdWords Keyword Tool, WordtrackerAnd other ways that can help you get the job done.
b) Keyword density Do n’t abuse keywords, or Google will easily punish them. Use relevant keywords in moderation and not overuse. Also consider the fact that your web content (including meta descriptions) is itself a keyword carrier; search engines tend to provide results based on the content of the page.
c) Long tail keywords- It’s best to include lengthy keywords because they are often less typical given their diversity with other competitor keywords. For example, if you sell Ibanez guitars, the basic keyword is: ‘Ibanez’, ‘guitars’, withIbanez guitar. Such keywords are not prominent, but if you want to use other keywords, for example: “Best Ibanez Guitar”, “Ibanez Guitar Discount”, “Special Offer Ibanez Guitar”, And so on, you will have more opportunities to get better results.
d) Correlation- This is fundamentally important! Make sure that the keywords are also included in the web content, preferably in the meta description; otherwise, do n’t expect any great results. Enter keywords repeatedly in the page content, but do n’t overuse it!
I personally used to be those who paid little attention to h1, h2, h3, (Bold), (Italic) etc. But as time passed, I realized how wrong I was. Therefore, I divided this section into two parts:
Headers (h1, h2, h3 …)
These small tags define the titles commonly used for page titles. From h1 to h6, h1 is the most important (Used to define the most important part of the page) The second is the rest. Other tags are also important, they should be used to define your page / post / content title.
For example, say I have a title “The Beauty of the Voice of Ibanez” I will describe the guitar, functions, specifications, etc. Therefore, in this case, I divide the content as follows:
The beauty of the sound of Ivanez-h2
In addition, when you organize content in this way, you must not only follow best SEO practices, but also provide a better user experience for viewers.
The text style is useful not only for readers, but also for search engines. When stylizing text, say Bold, Italic, Bold ItalicWhen you focus on certain texts, search engines will know this, but please do n’t overemphasize, otherwise you will be easily punished.
Content- The quality and relevance behind website content are the most important factors. Search engines (especially Google) will reward high-value content with the highest SERP ranking. However, some webmasters still put “keywords” first. The importance of keywords must be valued, but ultimately these keywords should be relevant to the web content itself. In other words, they work together.
Duplicate content – Avoid duplication and excessive duplication of your web content, in other words, copy and paste everywhere here, or worse, copy pages. Of course, in some cases, you must partially repeat your content, but be aware of the limitations.
- Robot.txt – It determines which parts of the website the search engine robot / spider web is allowed to visit. Make sure you have not blocked these robots / spiders from accessing related content. In addition, you can prevent bots / spiders from accessing useless or sensitive items, such as folders related to website functions.
- Sitemap – The sitemap file contains a list of web pages accessible by the crawler (Spider, robot) Usually organized in layers. The list consists of web links, including frequency of changes (Frequency of page updates) And priority (grade). Both change frequency and priority can help search engine robots determine the importance level of each page.
If you have a large website, your sitemap will be endless. I personally list pages with high-quality content in the site map file so that the crawler can focus on the correct page.
The purpose of the site map is for these robots to index website pages in search engines. If you submit a huge sitemap, you may encounter the possibility of listing the worst pages.
Before submitting a sitemap, please determine on which pages you want to get the most traffic. In short-submit juice / necessities!
Tools provided by Google and Bing can help improve website performance by optimizing visibility, crawler crawling speed, keyword query, robot.txt verification, incoming / outgoing links, and site map submission. These tools are Google Webmaster Tools (For Google search engine) with Bing Webmaster Center (Applicable to Bing and Yahoo! search engines).
These tools help build better indexes in the above search engines, but most importantly, you can generate data for troubleshooting.
Off-page optimization (Related to external factors such as incoming links, PPC and social media)
Inbound / Inbound link – It’s best to associate the site with other excellent third-party sites (preferably topic sites related to your topic). Although this method is not as important as it was in the past, it is still very helpful. The reason for the lack of importance is due to abuse in the past (Called “Link Farm”). Moreover, you can still.edu Field, because such a field has a high degree of credibility.
On the other hand, social media sharing must be provided so that viewers can choose to share your content on the World Wide Web. In this way, you will generate additional incoming links.
Social Media Optimization (SMO)- Social media optimization has become more and more important in a period of time, especially after the “Big Bang” started through platforms such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.
People should consider some basic principles about humanity. Humans are social animals. They like to talk, interact, chat, recommend, praise and complain. How often do we say “word of mouth” is the best marketing method? This statement is still valid, in short, social sharing is Word of mouth Throughout the network.
Although social media optimization is a busy process, it can bring valuable rewards. It is recommended to consider some of the following factors:
1) Use your company or domain name As an extension (eg twitter.com/myname).
2) Provide your business information. If the word count is limited, please provide a juicy summary of your business and / or its services.
3) Quality is better than quantity. The higher the quality you put in the content, the stronger the network! Readers will like your content, and eventually they will share your content on the web or among their peers.
4) Time is the key factor. You need to allocate some time for social media because you must interact with visitors, especially when visitors comment or submit queries.
5) Keep your website a central hub. In the long run, social media platforms are third-party utilities, and no one has the greatest control. However, you can control your official website, which should be the main reference point for each visitor.
6) Make your content shareable So visitors and readers can easily share your information. This can be done easily by adding sharing options. A service I recommend is a service of Addthis.com, because in addition to sharing tools, you also get an analysis platform where you can monitor all sharing activities.
7) Build your website “Social” Includes widgets and streams from Twitter and Facebook. In this way, you will encourage visitors to socialize. Similarly, you will make your website more “lively” in terms of constant updates.
8) Avoid confusion By including as many widgets as possible. These widgets take up a lot of resources because they need to connect with their respective providers. For example, Twitter is allocated additional loading time to load the latest stream.
Pay per click (PPC) advertising – Of course, when running a PPC campaign, you obviously intend to link the ad to your website, right? The content of the ad containing the selected keywords should be relevant to the content of your website. If the campaign is not fun, please revise or create a new campaign.
Points to consider:
PageRank – The PageRank algorithm was introduced by Google. Its purpose is to rank websites by measuring their importance. After the website meets certain conditions, it will post a ranking, and then gradually increase the ranking over time. Despite its meaning, PR is not 100% reliable, because in some cases, sites with lower rankings tend to be better positioned in search results than sites with higher rankings.
Advertising – It is very good to generate (extra) revenue on your website through paid advertising (Eg Google Adsense, Microsoft PubCenter, Clicksor …) However, you should not abuse ads to add as many ads as possible because the site may look “spam”. Search engines like Google will not tolerate this!
Update frequently – It is obviously important to update from time to time. Updating is like adding a new post / page and applying changes. So how often should you implement the update? As often as possible! When you update, you will trigger a search engine spider / robot to crawl on your web content, and the more crawls you have, the more chance you have to get the best results.
Flat – If the blog you run is updated frequently, I recommend Pinocatik! After updating the blog, you can visit pingomatic.com to submit the update so that it can be distributed to various search engines.
Visitor participation – The quality of visitors also determines the importance behind the website. The target of the website is usually assigned to the (target) audience. The number of visitors, the time they spend on the site and their loyalty (Ie repeat customers) It is the other key factor in obtaining the best SERP ranking.
Quantity and quality – The rule of thumb is to distribute and retain high-quality content, rather than adding a lot of less relevant content. Search engines (especially Google) prefer smart content and methods, so if you are proficient in games, you must make sure to provide the best content. It also requires creative writing skills, this is what SEO copywriting You eat
Reputation- No matter what you do, you will build an online reputation. In short, reputation is based on your web content, your services, and your interactions through social media. In addition, people can always leave negative comments and comments on other sites that handle comments. Unfortunately, negative reviews are not ruled out by search engine spiders. In the end, when someone queries your website / business, users will see negative reviews in SERPs and obtain the required information.
As mentioned earlier, some of these technologies are not new technologies or luxury, because various SEO experts know that they must be retained. However, given the increasing trends and usage, SEO practices often change over time. Therefore, as some practices tend to lose value or become outdated, you need to be aware of these changes in a timely manner.
Most importantly, the end result is to provide decent content to the public and the public Build your reputation. Decent content is not only related to information quality, but also to a better user experience.