The cloud technology has evolved from its initial stages of data storage to high-speed computing, in-depth analysis, design creation, real-time reporting, information graphics generation, and ERP solutions. Global SMEs are the central area that service providers would like to focus on in 2018. The core of the SME business is openly designing and developing cloud-based mobile applications in their regional languages. One such example is the cloud-based app for the local restaurants. The others are for travel agencies, shopping malls, warehouses, shops, etc.
Key Cloud Services for SMEs
· storage space: Fast data storage with enhanced security is the most important benefit for SMEs. They can adjust inventory volume and pay rent. This feature is stated to be economical compared to the installation of dedicated servers within their business premises.
· Forretningsapps: Software as a service can provide customized and generic apps for business. One such example is cloud apps for the bakeries. They provide electronic spreadsheets for managing orders, inventory, delivery, customer care and all related tasks. The key benefits are real-time data, optimized inventory, reduced waste and improved productivity. It is possible for business to share generic apps with enhanced security. The price of the rents is stated with the exception of recurring costs.
· Connectivity Platform: The cloud can serve as a centralized connectivity platform for S.M.E team members. They can attend online meetings, video conferencing and exchange real-time information. Liaison between management and departments such as marketing, sales, service, customer care and maintenance can improve efficiency. Service staff can directly connect with customers to understand their needs and problems. Management can get feedback and comments from customers. Evaluating and improving services becomes a simple and streamlined task. The connection speed and accuracy remain the same regardless of the geographical distance between the team members. Decision making, policy formulation and implementation will be simple for the entire organization.
· Virtual infrastructure: Platform as a service can offer advanced infrastructure facilities such as processors, memory, email servers, application servers, etc. The multi-branch S.M.E can connect to the centralized cloud servers and share data securely. Management can invest net cost savings on growth and expansion projects in the future. They do not have to rely on expensive licensed software and operating system as the cloud provides economical alternatives with open source systems.
The main cloud benefits for SMEs
Cost effective solutions
· Reduced workforce
Increase in market access
Better methods for brand and business campaigns
· Global and local reach for customers
· Transparency of transactions
Increase customer confidence
· Increased visibility across social media
· Access to advanced infrastructure
Scalability of applications, OS, hardware and software resources
· Customized and personalized solutions for all S.M.E sectors
The net effect of cloud technology programs on the growth and productivity of S.M.E can be felt once companies begin to customize it.